Venue Management (WP)
Niveau der Lehrveranstaltung/des Moduls laut Lehrplan
first cycle, Master
Lernergebnisse der Lehrveranstaltung/des Moduls
Students will be able to:
- analyze and evaluate the need for the building of new and renovating of existing infrastructures.
- identify the stakeholders involved in the conception of infrastructures (authorities, clients, investors, future operators, citizens etc.).
- apply efficient marketing practices.
- use the know-how of real estate economics.
- assess the life-cycle of infrastructure.
- adapt the familiar ways of thinking and acting to new situations in order to learn to address challenges in a flexible manner.
- recognize and estimate the chances and risks of implementation.
- demonstrate negotiating skills.
Voraussetzungen laut Lehrplan
- Introduction to event venue management
- Overview of clusters of event venues
- Features of selected clusters of event venues
- The significance of architecture and the concept of space
- Stakeholders of event venues
- The question of construction costs
- Interaction between construction and business
- The lifecycle of event venues
- Planning, financing and construction of event venues
- Market and demand analysis as a basis
- Site factors and site selection
- Development of financial concepts, business plans
- Strategic and operational management of event venues
- Application of strategic management methods to event venues
- Successful strategic positioning of event venues in the marketplace
- Interaction of strategic management and operational management of event venues
- Challenges in the operational management of event venues (including facility management)
- Special features of conference and congress infrastructure
- Special features of infrastructure in the leisure industry (e.g. garden shows, waterfront development)
Atkin, B. (2015). Total Facility Management. 4th ed. New Jersey (USA), Wiley-Blackwell;
Berners, P. (2018). The Practical Guide to Managing Event Venues. London, Routledge
Mahoney, K. (2015). Public Assembly Venue Management: Sports, Entertainment, Meeting, and Convention Venues. Dallas (USA), Brown Books
Nolan, E. (2017). Working with venues for Events: A Practical Guide Hardcover. London, Francis and Taylor.
Roper, K. and Payant, R. (2014). The Facility Management Handbook. 4th ed. USA; AMACOM.
Bewertungsmethoden und -kriterien
Anzahl der zugewiesenen ECTS-Credits
eLearning Anteil in Prozent
geplante Lehr- und Lernmethoden
Semester/Trimester, in dem die Lehrveranstaltung/das Modul angeboten wird
Name des/der Vortragenden
Kennzahl der Lehrveranstaltungen/des Moduls
Art der Lehrveranstaltung/des Moduls
Seminar, Diplomandenseminar, Praktkumsbegleitendes Seminar
Art der Lehrveranstaltung