kubi – library reinvented
The merge of the UAS library with the public library has been in the works since the spring of 2018. A comprehensive media offer under one roof is made available to students and all other interested parties. Usage of additional literature offers from non-fiction to poetry and fiction as well as children and young-adult literature is free for students and possible without additional registration since the student ID card can simply be used as a library card. In addition to literature, the space is also being expanded and reorganized. Thus, target-group specific zones are being created that make concentrated and undisturbed working, discussions with the project group or relaxing while reading the daily newspaper possible.
- More space – doubling the library space as well as setting up distinct communication and rest areas with more seating accommodations
- More literature – two times the inventory of printed literature. Poetry and fiction, non-fiction as well as children's and young-adult literature are being added to the already existing scientific literature.
- Expansion of the lending service for IT and camera equipment
- Lending with the student ID card without further registration
- Expansion of the digitally available literature with focus on the scientific area
The spatial merge is currently in a critical phase: The transfer of book inventories from the public library is planned for late fall. Until then, transitional measures will be in place for library operations, which will be announced on-site and on the website of FH Kufstein Tirol.
To the new kubi website:kubi.tirol