Corona Virus Information (COVID-2019)
The face-to-face courses meetings that have been canceled since March 10, 2020 have been successfully switched to alternative forms of learning (i.e. online courses). All lecturers and the team at the university do everything possible to ensure the best possible continuation of study despite the restrictions. Lectures and exams are expected to take place in the online formats until the end of the summer semester 2020.
In order to counter the further spread of the Corona Virus, the University of Applied Sciences building was closed to the public, including students, effective starting Sunday, March 15, 2020 until further notice.
The University's service departments are using journaling services and mobile working to ensure that University operations continue, just like in teaching. Students can contact the respective service facilities using the numbers and email addresses given on the homepage.
The University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol now offers the admission procedure exclusively online. Applicants should thereby be able to apply without any delays. Flexible admission dates at the FH Kufstein Tirol avoid overlapping appointments with the new Matura and Abitur dates.
For the coming winter semester, it is assumed that a face-to-face operation can be carried out again, probably with an increased proportion of eLearning.
Current changes in operations at the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol:
- Kubi – The Library for Science and Leisure has limited opening hours since May 18. We ask for your understanding that only short stays in the book inventory as well as return and collection of ordered books is possible.
- University of Applied Sciences building, Cafe.04 & Diner, as well as all work and service areas are closed for students and external guests until further notice.
- All events at the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol are canceled until mid-September.
- The University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tyrol is in regular contact with the responsible authorities.
The safety and health of students and staff is a top priority!
Measures to minimize the spread of the Corona Virus
Please observe the recommended hygiene measures to prevent the spread of the Corona Virus.
- Clean your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water in accordance with the recommendations. This does not require any disinfectant; however, you will find appropriate disinfection dispensers at the FH Kufstein Tirol.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or handkerchief. Dispose of the used handkerchief right away and wash your hands immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people who have associated symptoms (difficulty breathing, cough, sore throat, fever).
- If you experience symptoms of this type (breathing difficulties, cough, sore throat, fever) and see a possible connection with COVID-19, contact the 24-hour hotline by dialing 1450 (from any phone without area code from all networks). Please do NOT go to a doctor or hospital; instead follow the instructions you receive by dialing the number above.
- The Coronavirus hotline of the State of Tyrol can be reached at +43 800 80 80 30.
Further information ...
... can be found on the websites of the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Science and the State of Tyrol:
- Information from the State of Tyrol (State Medical Directorate for Tyrol)
- Information from the Federal Ministry for Health
- Information from the Federal Ministry for Science (in German only)
- Information from the World Health Organization (WHO)
Should the situation change, we will provide updates and corresponding information on this website.