Orientation & Guiding Principles
Since our foundation in 1997, the FH Kufstein Tirol has stood for a highly practical approach and internationality. This reputation is enhanced by excellent applied research and continuous further development.
Excellent performance in research and development are a necessary requirement for up-to-date, theory-based and science-based teaching. Sustainable research achievements and development achievements also ensure the institutional and individual expertise of the FH Kufstein Tirol and its academic staff. Successful and innovative research is important both for competitiveness in national and international higher education and for promoting the local business climate.
The FH Kufstein Tirol’s research focuses on the areas Business & Management, Business & Technic as well as Business & Society. Within these research areas, regional, national and international research projects are carried out, where possible together with industry partners, international higher education institutions and research institutions.
- FH Kufstein Tirol strives for high-level research and development. In this context it places particular focus on multidisciplinary international cooperation in order to generate application-oriented research results.
- The study programs are the platform and starting point for qualitative research performances. This is where already existing strengths and competences are consolidated and innovative incentives given for industry and society. The FH Kufstein Tirol wants to be a partner for and a driver of innovation for regional SMEs in particular.
- In the core areas we are regarded a competence center both in national as well as international networks. The FH Kufstein Tirol underlines this with cooperations, activities, projects, publications, presentations and conferences.
- Application-oriented research and development is the connecting link between practice and science. The inclusion of research results in teaching ensures excellent up-to-date training. The FH Kufstein Tirol offers its students the opportunity to play an active part in R&D.
- R&D performance of staff is promoted through an incentive and support system as well as by clearly defined processes and good infrastructure.