The research field Digital Services is located within the area of applied informatics. It is focused on effective and efficient analysis as well as on the processing of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data – a core skill within the university’s R&D focal point Human & Digitization. The digital services team predominantly performs research in the following three areas: multimedia, modern web-based information systems and data science & intelligent analytics.
These fields share a strong focus on the mobile application field.
SELECTED MULTIMEDIA RESEARCH AREAS
- Multimedia retrieval, content-based analysis
- Multimedia applications in various domains e.g. mobility, tourism or medicine
SELECTED RESEARCH AREAS WEB-BASED INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Optimization of usability of mobile and web-based systems
- Development of usage scenarios of mobile and web-based systems
- Impact assessment of digitization processes
SELECTED RESEARCH AREA DATA SCIENCE & INTELLIGENT ANALYTICS
- Analytical methods and techniques in application-oriented contexts
- Usage of data-driven business models in regional contexts
- Establishment of strategies for data collection, storage, integration, analysis and usage