Change Management (E)
level of course unit
first cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• are familiar with the essential strategic and operational measures to analyze and implement entrepreneurial change processes.
• are able to critically reflect on entrepreneurial business processes, assess measures of change as well as to implement and control processes of change in the framework of the leadership approach.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Continuous change management
• Continuous improvement management / Kaizen
• Tools of change management
• Development and change of individuals
• Team development
• Organizational and staff development
• Business development and business change
• Success factors in change management
• Initiation, design and implementation of change processes
• Change controlling
recommended or required reading
Spector, B. (2013): Implementing organizational change, 3rd ed., Essex: Pearson Education Inc.
Black, J. S.; Gregersen, H. (2013): It Starts with One: Changing Individuals Changes Organizations, 3rd ed., Upper Saddle River: Financial Times Press.
Todem, R.; Burnes, B. (2013): Organizational change, leadership and ethics: leading organizations towards sustainability, New York: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
assessment methods and criteria
Study and/or interview, case study
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Dr. Rachida Sommerfeldt, BA, MA
year of study
3.year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery