level of course unit
first cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• are familiar with modern leadership theories and leadership concepts.
• are able to analyze and assess strategic questions in different phases of the business cycle.
• are able to critically reflect on questions of ethics and sustainability in normative leadership.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Overview of leadership theories
• Historical development of leadership concepts
• Systematic and integrative leadership approach
• Methods: supervision; working efficiency; working effectiveness; open space; in-depth interview
• Leadership: performance; leadership success; leadership efficiency; leadership effectiveness
• Environmental requirements for leadership with regard to enhancing performance
• The implementation of leadership approaches in organizations is discussed and reflected upon using examples
recommended or required reading
Behse, H./ Eichenberg, T./ Bruch,H./ Krummaker, S./ Vogel, B. (2012, Hrsg.): Leadership – Best Practices und Trends.
Hinterhuber, H. (2003): Leadership, Frankfurter Allgemeine Buch.
Hinterhuber; H./ Krauthammer, E. (2005): Leadership – mehr als Management.
Rieckmann, H. (2000): Führungskraft und Management Development, Murmann.
assessment methods and criteria
written examination and/or case study
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
year of study
3.year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery