level of course unit
first cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• understand the connection between creativity and success.
• are familiar with the fundamentals of “Psychosynergetik” as a management concept.
• are able to apply the methods and techniques of daily life management.
• are familiar with the concept of personal mastery.
• are familiar with the key factors of successful career planning.
• are familiar with the methods and techniques of personality development.
• are able to present their plans, objectives and talents in a self-confident and convincing way.
• are able to determine and reflect on their own motivation for management tasks and their understanding of management.
• are familiar with the different roles of managers.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Fundamentals and fundamental terms about management and management success
• Management models, management styles and leadership personality
• Definition of and reflection on the range of roles of a leader (motivator, coach, supervisor, mentor, staff developer)
• Development of leaders (development of leadership qualities, further development opportunities for leaders)
• Self-management techniques
• Modern management tools (networking, team management, management by objectives, employee appraisals, delegation of management, feedback)
• Case examples and application of management tools in conversational situations
• Development of personal future visions (work-life balance)
• Development of a profile of strengths as well as of a personality profile
recommended or required reading
Asendorpf, J./ Neyer, F. (2012): Psychologie der Persönlichkeit, 5. Auflage, Springer.
Simon, W. (2007): GABALs großer Methodenkoffer. Persönlichkeitsentwicklung.
Peeck, S. (2012): Woher kommt die Kraft der Veränderung? Neue Wege zur Persönlichkeitsentwicklung.
Merath, S. (2011): Der Weg zum erfolgreichen Unternehmer: Wie Sie und ihr Unternehmen neue Dynamik gewinnen.
Engels, M. (2008): Das Geheimnis der erfolgreichen Unternehmerpersönlichkeit: 18 Eigenschaften für mehr Erfolg: Praxisbuch mit Arbeitshilfen und Checklisten
Hansch, D. (2009): Erfolgsprinzip Persönlichkeit: Selbstmanagement mit Psychosynergetik.
assessment methods and criteria
interview and presentation
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Wolfgang Klose
year of study
2.year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery