European Energy Business FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
Managing commodities such as electricity, gas and heat requires analytical thinking and structured work methods. Innovative ideas and a solid technical background are necessary in order to be prepared for the challenges that arise. The BA in European Energy Business gives students a very broad basic knowledge of technology, business administration and market structures, and how these can be applied in the field of energy business. Teachers from a broad range of sectors introduce students to the many facets of today’s energy business, a field which offers excellent opportunities for qualified skilled professionals.
A special scholarship for applicants for the Bachelor’s degree program in European Energy Business.
- A solid foundation in the technical aspects of the field as well as in economics, and how these can be applied in the energy business
- Discussion on national and European markets, their regulations and development goals
- Intensive supervision by internal and external lecturers
- Practical experience through industry projects, a stay abroad and an internship
- Introduction to research methodology
- Energy advisory services and public utility companies
- Energy-intensive firms
- Public facilities and public energy agencies
- Energy trading companies and distribution companies
- Consulting firms
- Project development companies
- 20 % Energy Technology
- 21 % Energy Business
- 10 % Management
- 21 % Company Projects/Practical Training
- 17 % International Skills
- 11 % Social/Methodological skill
Energy Business Interdisciplinary
When a shortage of resources is referred to today in the energy business, it is not just a shortage of gas or oil that is meant. The availability of qualified and skilled professionals is becoming more and more they key to success in this sector, particularly where the focus is on the development of safe, environmentally-friendly and, most importantly, renewable energy supplies. Graduates must have the ability to communicate effectively with customers, the courage to innovate and an awareness of strategic conduct, in order to deal with the ever-increasing demands of today’s energy market.
Modern Energy Experts
The first two semesters focus on the fundamentals of engineering and natural sciences and business management. In order to achieve this balance, the third and fourth semester build on the first two semesters by focusing in a more in-depth way on how specific characteristics of energy engineering facilities can be used. Through the program’s practical projects, students can apply the theory they have learned in relation to methods of project development, project financing and presentation.
The sixth semester is reserved for a minimum ten-week traineeship and the writing of a dissertation. As a rule, traineeships and dissertations are completed together with partners from industry or public institutions and often provide the gateway to subsequent careers.
Qualification rewardedBachelor of Arts in Business (B.A.)
Language of instructionGerman, at least 20% English
Semester abroadOrganized semester abroad, 5th semester
Fees€ 363.36 + € 18,70 student union fee per semester
Places per year30
Level of qualification: