level of course unit
First cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
Students are able to:
• indepdently analyse physical problems in the area of dynamics, develop solution methods and work out solutions.
• reduce technical systems of mechanical nature to their underlying physical principles.
• apply mathematical procedures to solve physical problems.
• identify problems in technical plants on their own, develop physical models for solutions and give assessments on the feasibility of physical procedures.
• explain, present and pass on knowledge gained.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Kinematics of the ground point; description of the motion of the ground point, velocity, acceleration, relative motion
• Kinetics of the ground point; Newton’s law of motion, principle of linear momentum, principle of angular momentum, law of conservation of energy
• Kinematics and kinetics in rigid bodies: cinematics of general motions of rigid bodies, moment of inertia, principle of linear momentum, principle of angular momentum, law of conservation of energy, systems of rigid bodies
• Thrust processes; straight centre focussed thrust, eccentric thrust
• Oscillations; classification of oscillations, free and forced oscillations, damped and undamped oscillations, resonance
recommended or required reading
• Assmann (2010): Technische Mechanik Bd. 3 T: Kinematik und Kinetik, Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag München
• Böge (2011): Technische Mechanik: Statik – Dynamik – Fluidmechanik – Festigkeitslehre, 29. A ufl., Vieweg+Teubner Verlag Wiesbaden
• Mayr (2012): Technische Mechanik: Statik – Kinematik – Kinetik – Schwingungen – Festigkeitslehre, 7. Aufl., Carl Hanser Verlag München
• Richard, Sander (2008): Technische Mechanik. Dynamik – effektive und anwendungsnah, Vieweg+Teubner Verlag Wiesbaden
assessment methods and criteria
Assignement, presentation and written exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Director of Studies
year of study
First year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery