Digital Transformation II: Market & Companies
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• understand the development dynamics of digitization in markets and industries.
• know the impact of digitization on customers, competition, products and services
• understand the changes in companies (structure, management, culture, etc.) that are triggered by digitalization.
• are able to apply proven business-related concepts and theories to digitization.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Successful completion of the course: Digital Transformation I: Basics
• Development and change of markets, industries and business models through digit-ization
• Influence of digital trends on customers, competitors and market performance
• Effects of digitization on classical business-related concepts of: Companies, organi-zation, management, culture, etc.
• Reflection and adaptation of classical business theories and models to digitization (life cycle, value chain, 5-forces, etc.)
recommended or required reading
• Gassmann, Oliver; Sutter, Philipp: Digitale Transformation im Unternehmen gestal-ten. Hanser (latest edition)
• Porter, Michael; Heppelmann, James E.: Wie smarte Produkte Unternehmen verän-dern, in: Harvard Business Manager 12/2015
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery