Software Development Mobile (T)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
Students know how to program mobile application platforms (mobile phones, tablets and smartphones).
They are familiar with device-specific characteristics of mobile devices (alternative input methods such as multi-touch, GPS positioning, video functionality, short range radio systems such as RFID, Bluetooth) and able to use them in applications.
Students know about the special requirements of developing, distributing and using mobile applications.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Successfully completed courses of the previous semester
Students are made familiar with architectural models of mobile application platforms.
- device-specific requirements and characteristics of mobile devices (input options and output options, limited processing capacities and storage capacities)
- developing, testing and distributing mobile applications
(development environments, simulators, App Stores)
- usage of additional functionalities of mobile devices (GPS, camera, multi-touch)
recommended or required reading
- Müller, B.: Programmierung mobiler Endgeräte mit J2ME: Konzeption und Realisierung eines Komplexpraktikums, Vdm Verlag, 2008
- Stäuble, M.: Programmieren fürs iPhone: Einstieg in die Anwendungsentwicklung mit dem iPhone SDK 3, d.punkt, 2008
- Maier, R.: Professional Android 4 Application Development. Wrox Publishing, 2012
assessment methods and criteria
Standardized exam (Multiple choice and short answers)
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Huber Stefan , B.A., M.A.
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery