level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
- Are able to carry out a project on the basis of professional project management.
- Understand the systematic, technically sound and on-schedule handling of projects.
- Know the specific roles within a project.
- Know the importance of project communication in all directions (conversations, documentation, descriptions, presentations) and know how to act accordingly.
- Have expertise to solve specific problems.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Courses of the previous semester successfully completed
To prepare the students optimally for problems in working life, practical tasks are worked on in groups, preferably on the basis of commissions from partners from industry or public institutions, or field experiences are obtained under the guidance of the course leader. The students contribute their acquired knowledge and compare it with observations and experiences in the context of the practical project. While the students
can deepen and improve their subject-specific competences, complementary competences such as social competence, risk management, budgeting competence and economically responsible decision-making competence are also solidified.
Based on a client briefing (by the course instructor or external partners such as associations and companies), the students work on the presented projects independently, only guided by the course instructor if necessary: Planning, coordination, budgeting, control, evaluation and final reporting are in the hands of the students. The role of the course leader is focused on project coaching.
recommended or required reading
- Rainwater, H.P.: Katzen hüten, MITP-Verlag, 2003
- Balzert, Helmut: Lehrbuch der Softwaretechnik. Basiskonzepte und Requirements Engineering.- Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, 2009.
- Balzert, Helmut: Lehrbuch der Softwaretechnik. Softwaremanagement.- Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, 2008
- Balzert, Helmut: Lehrbuch der Softwaretechnik: Entwurf, Implementierung, Installation und Betrieb Gebundenes Buch, Spektrum Verlag, 2011
- Brandt-Pook, H.; Kollmeier, R.: "Softwareentwicklung kompakt und verständlich: Wie Softwaresysteme entstehen", Springer Verlag, 2016
- Post, U.: "Besser coden: So machen Sie Ihren Code (und die Welt) ein bisschen besser!", Rheinwerk-Verlag, 2017
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Independent project work with accompanying coaching
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Team of lecturers
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery