English Bridge Workshop
This course aims to prepare incoming students whose native language is not English for the English language modules and content courses taught in English as part of the degree programs to use their language skills more effectively and contribute with more self-confidence to their academic program
- Interactive communication training with a focus on topics and applications in the academic field and business-oriented professional life.
- Exercises to develop and strengthen the four language skills: oral and written expression as well as listening and reading comprehension at CEFR level B1-B2.
- Review of important grammatical and linguistic concepts through communicative language activities.
- Activities and resources to develop and effectively use relevant terminology, which enables students to participate more effectively in courses and discuss business-related topics.
In addition, basic academic and communication skills such as active listening, collecting bullet points, and giving presentations are practiced to prepare students for the lectures and seminars in English and to give them the best possible start to their studies. Interactive learning materials are provided.
Course formats –Interactive face to face workshop or interactive online workshop live via MS-Teams
The English Bridge Seminar is designed for highly interactive and collaborative learning, with constantly changing group constellations, various tasks and exercise formats, and materials with direct reference and relevance to your studies, future professional field, and strategic communication training. Our experienced lecturer team from the Languages Competence Center of the FH Kufstein Tirol offers you an exciting and engaging learning experience that enables you to strengthen your language skills in a targeted manner, make relevant contacts with fellow students, and start your studies with increased self-confidence when dealing with the English language.
- In face-to-face (presence) mode, the course takes on the campus of the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol.
Access to the Macmillan Practice Online Plattform für Business English Intermediate for one year, as well as diverse study materials and resources via the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol Weblearn platform Moodle.
Organizers and facilators
The International Business School in collaboration with the Center for Language Competencies at the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol.
Tentative dates and times
- Monday, September 20, 2021 / 9 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3:30 pm / 7 LU
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021 / 9 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3:30 pm / 7 LU
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 / 9 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3:30 pm / 6 LU
In face-to-face (presence) mode, the course takes on the campus of the University of Applied Sciences Kufstein Tirol, room as shown on Infoscreen.
In online mode, the course takes place via MS Team, an interactive live video chat platform; a camera and microphone are required.
September 13, 2021
Number of participants
The prerequisite for the English Bridge workshop to take place is the binding registration of at least 10 participants per group. The maximum number of participants per group is limited to 15.
You will receive the invoice digitally to your email account no later than one week before the start of the course. You are only entitled to participate in the course after receipt of payment.