Fundamentals of Programming of Microcontroller
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Students will be able to read pseudocode, flowchart, etc. and create simple (Arduino) programs from them.
• Students will be able to read and modify (Arduino) programs.
• Students will be able to apply basic functions and commands from C/C++ programming language such as loops, control structures, definitions, etc.
• Students will gain an understanding of microcontrollers (Arduino) and how they can be used with sensors and actuators.
• Students can build simple, small electronic circuits with LEDs, sensors, etc. for the Arduino.
• Students learn the basics for getting started with the Internet of Things and Smarthome
prerequisites and co-requisites
None mandatory, Basic knowledge of electronics (Ohm's law, ...), interest in sensors, LEDs, Computers and Programming (Internet of Things)
• Demonstrate and gain overview of micro computers their practice use and connections
• The application of Arduino with various sensors (ultrasonic, temperature and humidity sensor, …) and actuators (servo motor, LCD display, active buzzer, ...).
• Conduct appropriate research into the use of mirco computers and sensors
recommended or required reading
assessment methods and criteria
Final examination and/or team assignment
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Markus Ehrlenbach, MSc
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery