Rapid Product Development
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Understand the principles of different technologies for rapid product development
• Methods and Tools for product development
• Learn the basics of construction with a tool (sketch up, solid works or rhino)
• Be able to prepare STL-Files via a slicer for 3-printing
• Be able to select technologies depending on geometries and material requirements
• Build your own little product using the different technologies of the makers lab
prerequisites and co-requisites
· Deep interest in making things!
· Confidence in overcoming boundaries and in taking
· An open, creative, and innovative mind!
· Some familiarity with your computer is an
Basics and detailed knowledge of different rapid prototyping technologies like 3D-Printing, Laser Cutting, etc,.
Give practical guidelines for different applications.
Practical case studies support the theory.
recommended or required reading
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures, presentations, groupwork and practice in the Maker´s Lab
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Christian Schmid
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery