Data Science & Intelligent Analytics PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
In the era of digitization, digital facts for the real work and living environment are becoming more and more important. Although data has always been used to support entrepreneurial processes, growing data storages and continually improving possibilities for automated data analysis offer new and underutilized potential for entrepreneurial activity. Data scientists must also align themselves with application disciplines in order to provide optimal decision-making bases for companies.
- Top career opportunities due to the combination of technical expertise and application knowledge
- Training with real data and state-of-the-art evaluation tools
- Practice-oriented specialist knowledge for example in the following fields: visual analytics, big data processing, machine learning, business intelligence
- Application-oriented specialist knowledge for example in the following fields: leadership, project management, innovative business models, business ethics
- Big data application developer
- Data engineer
- Big data & BI consultant
- Data scientist
- Manager for data science teams
- Analyst for data science teams
- Specialist for business intelligence & analytics
Focal points of the study program
- 54% technical knowledge in data science & intelligent analytics
- 13% management, leadership & business ethics
- 15% consolidation courses & application of data science
- 18% self-reliance & problem-solving skills
At the center of the next digital revolution
This study program is interdisciplinary as it unites technical skills from information science, statistics, mathematics and related application disciplines. Graduates acquire ready-to-use skills in data and its underlying technologies, in application domains within the company context as well as in the development and implementation of innovative solutions for sustainable and profitable usage of acquired data. These four interlinked core aspects, which only unfurl their effects in joint usage constitute the essential driving forces behind the study program. The special challenge consists in achieving a sufficiently high degree of complexity in the observation of data and technology at which the effects of data science only become practically observable. In order to achieve this, the study program relies on problem-supported learning with practically relevant datasets and technology packages that are specifically developed for this purpose: data science labs (hardware & software, infrastructure and large datasets). The master study program conveys a portfolio of skills that address various sections of the value-added chain: from raw data and underlying interface functions (management, strategy and business ethics) to economic success.
Freedom to focus
Due to the unique integration with other master’s programs,* students learn to work in an interdisciplinary way during their studies and are thus prepared for the challenges of heterogeneous fields of work. In order to make it easier for people with different educational backgrounds to start their studies, an optional preparation course is offered.
*Cooperation in elective subjects with other master’s programs: Web Communication & Information Systems, Smart Products & Solutions and ERP Systems & Business Process Management
Qualification rewardedMaster of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Language of instruction71 % German, 29 % English
Semester abroadSupervised study trip in the 2nd semester**
FeesEuro 363.36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Places per year33
* Information for third country students
** Travel expenses for the semester abroad are to be covered by the students themselves or are supported by a grant.
All information about the preparatory course Data Science & Intelligent Analytics for new students
Level of qualification:
second cycle, master
Special grant for applicants to the master study program Data Science & Intelligent Analytics:
Equality grants for citizens from third countries (non-EU, non-EEA, non-CH)