Agile Product Development (elective)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
- know agile procedure methods.
- know organizational roles in the agile process.
- know the process of an agile project (sprints, dailies, demos, retros).
- know how to coach an agile project (e.g. question techniques).
- know the experiences of agile projects from software development.
- know the challenges of developing smart products.
- know methods of product development (e.g. FMEA, TRIZ).
- know the advantages of hybrid procedure methods.
- know the role of management in the agile process.
prerequisites and co-requisites
- Overview of agile process methods
- Roles in the agile process
- Flow of an agile project (Sprins, Dailies, Demos, Retros)
- Coaching of an agile project (e.g. question techniques)
- Experiences with agile projects from software development
- Challenges in developing smart products
- Methods of product development (e.g. FMEA, TRIZ)
- Advantages of hybrid process methods
- Role of management in the agile process
recommended or required reading
* Pfeffer J.; Produkt-Entwicklung: Lean & Agile; München; 2019
* Schröder A.; Agile Produktentwicklung: Schneller zur Innovation – erfolgreicher am Markt; 2018
assessment methods and criteria
Written exam or seminar thesis
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and discussion of tasks
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Christian Schmid
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery