Capital Goods & Services Marketing
level of course unit
English version will be available soon
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Know the differences between the different types of products and industries.
• Are able to assess and develop a technical marketing and sales concept.
• Know the instruments for marketing capital goods and services.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Marketing (E)
Transfer of basic marketing knowledge to the field of capital goods and services. This lecture is divided into 2 subtopics:
Part A: Capital goods marketing
• Fundamentals of B2B marketing
• Purchasing behavior on business markets / organizational procurement behavior
• B2B marketing instruments
• Information gathering & uncertainty as behavior-determining characteristics
• Analysis of the buying center
Part B: Services marketing
• Special features of service marketing
• Concepts of service marketing
• Information bases of service marketing
• Operational service marketing & instruments
recommended or required reading
Bruhn, M., Meffert, H., & Hadwich, K. (2019). Handbuch Dienstleistungsmarketing: Planung – Umsetzung - Kontrolle. Wiesbaden: Springer Verlag.
King, K. A. (2015). Complete guide to B2B marketing: New tactics, tools and techniques to compete in the digital economy. Harlow, UK: Pearson.
Klein, M. (2012). Erfolgreiches Investitionsgütermarketing: Umsatzplus nach dem MASCOTE-Prinzip. Wiesbaden: Springer.
Meffert, H., Bruhn, M., & Hadwich, K. (2018). Dienstleistungsmarketing: Grundlagen – Konzepte – Methoden. Wiesbaden: Springer Verlag.
Richter, H. P. (2013). Investitionsgütermarketing: Business-to-Business-Marketing von Industrieunternehmen. München: Carl Hanser Verlag.
Wirtz, J., Lovelock, C. H., & Chew, P. (2018). Essentials of services marketing. Harlow, UK: Pearson.
assessment methods and criteria
• Final exam and
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
25 % of the event is covered by eLearning. A combination between online phases (inductive method for the independent acquisition of knowledge and the practice of tasks) and presence phases (deductive method, in which assistance is given in the learning process and knowledge is imparted
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Mag. (FH) Andreas Hölbling
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery