level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Solve operational problems by applying the knowledge acquired so far in their studies.
• Understand how certain processes in companies are structured and interlinked.
• Experience and understand how to work, communicate and act in teams.
prerequisites and co-requisites
All subjects of the first five semesters
The teaching content depends on the activities the students do at the internship provider. The students choose an internship independently. They can draw on the extensive range of internships offered by the Kufstein Tirol University of Applied Sciences. The Director of Studies checks the professional correspondence of the internship activities with the contents of the course and the qualification profiles of the course of studies. Subsequently, the Director of Studies checks whether the internship corresponds to the training objectives of the program and whether the student can be employed according to his/her level of qualification. A detailed internship guide supports the students in organizing their internship semester.
recommended or required reading
Adam, B. (2003). Der clevere Praktikumsführer: Recherche, Bewerbung, Organisation. München: Redline Verlag.
Bloss, M. (2016). Mein Praktikum – bewerben, einsteigen, aufsteigen. Konstanz: UVK Verlagsgesellschaft.
Brokemper, P. (2015). Richtig beginnen in Ausbildung und Praktikum: Vom ersten Eindruck bis zur Lösung von Konflikten. Arbeitsblätter für Jugendliche. Müllheim an der Ruhr: Verlag an der Ruhr.
Langlotz (2016). Praktikum erfolgreiche!: Von der ersten Idee über die richtige Bewerbung bis zum wertvollen Arbeitszeugnis und darüber hinaus. Leck: CPI books.
Püttjer, C., & Schnierda, U. (2011). Bewerben um ein Praktikum. Frankfurt: Campus Verlag.
assessment methods and criteria
• Proof of the workload by confirmation of the employer of the internship and
• interim report and
• final report
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
• Application of the contents from the courses of the first 5 semesters on the basis of practical problems with the internship provider
• Coaching during implementation by internship supervisors in the company
• Link to the Bachelor thesis in which a problem of the internship provider is dealt with using academic methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Dr. Mario Situm
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery