Contemporary Issues in Marketing
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• are able to theoretically substantiate, classify and competently answer current marketing questions from practice.
• know scientific publications from the marketing sector, can classify them in the marketing sciences, discuss them critically and comment competently on questions arising from them.
• show that they can clearly analyze facts.
prerequisites and co-requisites
2nd semester: Specialization in International Marketing Management course of the 1st semester
• Overview of the entire marketing sciences
• Analyze, discuss and independently work on selected, current issues in the field of marketing within the framework of a project and/or on the basis of practical projects or scientific articles.
• Analysis of marketing issues
• Application of knowledge to the issues
recommended or required reading
• Abhängig von der jeweiligen Themenstellung
• 1-2 current journal articles (e.g. American Marketing Journal, Marketing Review St. Gallen)
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery