Digital Marketing Communication
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the communication basics relevant for marketing.
• know the specifics of digital communication, especially with regard to marketing communication and social media.
• can design a digital marketing strategy along the marketing mix factors.
• have acquired basic knowledge in the field of CRM, so that they know the functionality and well-known software solutions.
• know how CRM data can be integrated into a digital marketing concept, especially in the area of sales-promoting communication.
prerequisites and co-requisites
2nd semester: Specialization in International Marketing Management course of the 1st semester
• Basics of marketing communication
• Basics of digital communication
• Development of a digital marketing strategy
• Development of a digital marketing mix
• Evaluation of a digital marketing concept
• Basics of customer relationship management (CRM)
recommended or required reading
• Chaffey, Dave: Digital Marketing. Pearson (latest edition)
• Kingsnorth, Simon: Digital Marketing Strategy: An Integrated Approach to Online Marketing. Kogan Page (latest edition)
• Smith, Paul R.; Zook, Ze: Marketing Communications: Integrating Online and Offline, Customer Engagement and Digital Technologies. Kogan Page (latest edition)
• 1-2 current journal articles (e.g. American Marketing Journal, Marketing Review St. Gallen)
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, term paper, presentation
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery