International Sports Management
level of course unit
first cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
- understand the specific characteristics of the international sports market.
- are able to reflect the fundamental concepts and theories in the field of international sports and sports management.
- develop a basic understanding of the international structures of sports (especially the Olympic System), of the globalization of sports and sports structures in comparative perspective.
- know about the structures of global governance in sports.
prerequisites and co-requisites
- Specific characteristics of the international sports market
- Fundamental concepts and theories of international sports and sports management
- Structure of the sports system in international and comparative perspective
- Globalization and global governance in sport
recommended or required reading
Hoye, R., & Parent, M. M. (Eds.). (2016). The Sage Handbook of Sport
Management. London: Sage.
Li, M., MacIntosh, E.W. & Bravo, G.A. (2012). International Sport Management. IL: Human Kinetics.
Pedersen, P. M., & Thibault, L. (Eds.). (2014). Contemporary Sport Management. IL: Human Kinetics.
Robinson, L., Chelladurai, P., Bodet, G., & Downward, P. (Eds.). (2013). Routledge Handbook of Sport Management. London: Routledge.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Claudia Stura
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery