level of course unit
first cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
Students independently select a destination that matches the study program.
Students will understand:
- socio-cultural and economic data and facts of the target region
Students will design the program to include:
- with a focus on sports, culture and event management
- company visits
- meetings with cooperations, NGOs, embassies, foreign trade centers, etc.
Students will identify:
- main social and cultural trends in the region concerned
- economic developments in the region concerned
- political challenges in the region concerned
Students will gain:
- intercultural competences
- discussion skills
- organizational skills
prerequisites and co-requisites
- Planning, organization, and implementation of the program
- Meetings and discussions with experts from sports, culture, and event management
- Visits to foreign trade centers, embassies, and international institutions (e.g. Goethe Institute)
- Participation in courses at partner universities developing teams in their compositions
recommended or required reading
Browaeys, M Marie-Joëlle & Price, Roger (2019). Chapter 2: Dimensions of Culture: Hofstede and GLOBE. In Understanding Cross Cultural Management (4th ed). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson.
Morrison, T., & Conaway, W. A. (2006). Kiss, bow, or shake hands: the bestselling guide to doing business in more than 60 countries (2nd Edition). Avon, Mass.: Adams Media.
Richards, G., Palmer, R. (2010): Eventful cities: cultural management and urban revitalisation. Butterworth-Heinemann. Amsterdam.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery