Public Relations in SCEM
level of course unit
first cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
- Students are familiar with the innovative handling of media and its function within the project process.
- Students will master the strategies of action in speaking, writing, and visual acting. They will know the different media formats and can assign them accordingly.
- Students will develop a confident, trustworthy, and convincing demeanor through the use of presentations.
- Students will have a clear, concise use of language and subject-specific terminology. They will learn to discuss and critically engage with different media content.
prerequisites and co-requisites
- Presentation of basic texts on dealing with media
- Iconography and oral traditions
- Historical understanding of writing
- Writing of press releases, announcement texts (flyers, posters, brochures etc.)
- Free speaking (radio, television, company videos etc.), lecture speaking, welcome speech, presentation
- Innovative distribution of ideas as acquisition of competence in scientific education
recommended or required reading
Argenti, P. A. (2009). Corporate Communication (5., Aufl.). Boston [u.a.]: McGraw-Hill.
Cornelissen, J. (2014). Corporate Communication (4., Aufl.). Thousand Oaks: Sage.
Gregory, A. (2015). Planning and managing public relations campaigns: A strategic approach (Fourth edition). PR in practice. London: Kogan Page.
Grunig, J. E., Dozier, D. M., Ehling, W. P., Grunig, L. A., Repper, F. C., & White, J. (Eds.) (1992). Excellence in Public Relations and Communication Management. Hillsdale: L. Erlbaum Associates.
Van Ruler, B., & Körver, F. (2019). The Communication Strategy Handbook: Toolkit for Creating a Winning Strategy. New York [u.a.]: Peter Lang.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Mag. Florian Bauer
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery