Quantitative Process and Quality Management (Six Sigma) (elective)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
- know the basics of descriptive and conclusive statistics.
- know how to examine measuring arrangements for repeatability and reproducibility.
- know how to calculate sample sizes.
- know how to monitor the stability of process results using statistical monitoring methods.
- know how to evaluate the ability of processes to meet customer requirements.
- know methods to search for the deviation causes in results using test procedures.
- know basic functionalities of the "Minitab" statistics software.
- know how to use "Minitab" in the context of process analysis.
prerequisites and co-requisites
The following contents will be discussed in the lecture:
- Fundamentals of descriptive statistics
- Measurement system analysis
- Sample determination
- Statistical process control
- Process control charts
recommended or required reading
Töpferer, A.; Six Sigma Konzeption und Erfolgsbeispiele für praktizierende Null-Fehler-Qualität; Berlin/Heidelberg/New York 2007; 4. Auflage
George M.; Rowlands D.; Price M.; Maxey J.; The Lean Six Sigma Pocket Toolbook; New York; 2005
Lunau St. (Hrsg.); Six Sigma + Lean Toolset; 5. Auflage; Heidelberg; 2014
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, individual work with software, group work, presentation and discussion of tasks
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dipl.-Informatiker Karsten Böhm
year of study
2.year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery