Trends in R&D (WO) (E)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• Identify current trends in development.
• Describe the impact of these trends on development.
• Recognize the current challenges of the market and implement them in product development.
• Analyze current trends with regard to their impact on products and define measures.
• Identify and derive new marketing opportunities for products and identify their impact on product development.
• Define requirements for new products and develop concept proposals using methods learned.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Methods of structured development of products using modern tools
• Product development process and effects on it through global requirements
• Changes in the product development process through new integrated, global networks, technical developments (e.g. sensor technology, web, mobile devices, smart devices, ...)
• State of the art methods of product development
• Fundamentals of innovation in product development
• Current, influential trends in product development are presented and discussed in this course. This ensures that the students have their finger on the pulse of the times with their respective specialization.
recommended or required reading
To determine depending on the established trend
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Director of Studies
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit