Rapid Prototyping Technologies, 3D-Printing, Origami & Co (E)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Understand the principles of different technologies for rapid prototyping
• Be able to select technologies depending on geometries and material requirements
• Understand the technology related design requirements
• Know, how to use a wide range of different technologies and materials for manufacturing prototypes related to different applications
• Be able to prepare STL-Files via a slicer for 3-printing
prerequisites and co-requisites
Basics and detailed knowledge of different rapid prototyping technologies like 3D-Printing, Laser Origami, etc, related to their specific applications, materials and geometries.
Which technology is best for which application?
What are design requirements and new possibilities?
Provide detailed information about principles, opportunities and requirements for rapid prototyping in plastics and metals. Give practical guidelines for different applications.
Practical case studies support the theory.
recommended or required reading
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures, presentations, groupwork and practice in the Maker´s Lab
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Dr. Christian Schmid
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery