International Events Management
level of course unit
second cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
Students are able to distinguish between different types of events, analyse their scope and identify the most important tools in events management. A focus is on the international trends, developments and cases in events management.
prerequisites and co-requisites
- Alongside an introduction to the terminology of events management, different types of event and their applications will be identified.
- Analysis of the reasons (marketing, profit, image transfer) for events (B2B, B2C).
- Consideration of the various factors for the success of events
- Presentation of the influencing factors.
- Description of the implementation of event ideas, goals, design, control and final evaluation.
- Analysis of the safety considerations and responsible health and safety management.
- Illustration of the psychological elements of successful event planning.
- Outline of the principles of creative event design.
recommended or required reading
Beech, J., Kaiser, S., Kaspar, R. (eds.) (2014): Business of Events Management. Pearson, Harlow
Bladen, Charles: Events management. - 1. publ. 2012
Bowdin, G. A. J.: Events management. - 3rd ed 2010
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
integrated course, case studies, discussion, group work
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Dr. Susanne Gellweiler
year of study
1st year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
compulsory (seminar degree)
mode of delivery