International Business Studies FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
Digital and international – this is how current markets are presenting themselves more and more. Much is being reinvented and the best news: The world urgently needs managers who want to assist in strategically shaping the large-scale transformation. Examples include digitalization, the increasing importance of sustainability or the use of artificial intelligence.
- Cross-industry, 360-degree management education for generalists
- Focus on the global economy
- Maximum practical orientation from the very start & professional internship
- International outlook (up to three semesters abroad!) and two foreign languages
- Innovative forms of teaching and learning
- Personalized mentoring in small groups
- Marketing, product management and sales
- Finance, and accounting
- Employee and organization development
- Project management, and business development
- Leadership/Start up
- fit for all branches, companies, NPOs and NGOs
Central Key Competencies
In addition to technical and economic know-how, analytical acumen and strategic sensitivity are required. Another key success factor is knowing how to work with different cultures and languages. As all studies show, personality development is crucial. The master’s program places great importance on the strengthening of additional key skills in order to be successful in the new world of work. A specially developed didactic concept makes graduates fit for the future as we train:
- Communication and cooperation
- Commitment and motivation
- Flexibility and creativity
- Curiosity and internationality
- Results and implementation
In this 360-degree management program, the necessary know-how is conveyed to assess the market, take regulatory frameworks into account during analysis and derive successful strategies from them and be able to manage constant new challenges: this is why we favor a holistic approach - which leads to effective management in the world of tomorrow.
Special feature: Three semesters abroad
Two foreign languages and two mandatory semesters abroad at one of over 215 partner universities are a fixed part of the study program. Students can decide whether they want to complete the internship abroad or in a globally operating company. Graduates are sought-after in all areas of the economy based on the students’ international and broadly structured knowledge in management, marketing and financing.
Recognition of prior learning
Students can have the following courses from the 1st semester credited to them if they have sufficient qualifications from Austrian commercial academies and higher vocational schools with a business focus (Germany and Austria):
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Introduction to Accounting
The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.
Additional infos: A database for the entire Tyrolean and Vorarlberg university area is available for the recognition of previous knowledge for graduates of higher vocational schools.