Facility & Real Estate Management PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The development of sustainable real estate and the sustainable operation and optimization of buildings is the educational goal of this master's program. To this end, skills in strategic thinking and the holistic evaluation of complex interrelationships are emphasized. The program offers students the opportunity to qualify for strategic management positions and to contribute to the sustainable value chain around real estate, while taking account of their current family and professional obligations.
- Strategic management of all aspects of real estate
- Leadership and communication skills
- Innovative solutions grounded in scientific methods
- Distance learning elements facilitate qualification alongside work and/or family
- International industry network
- Individual room for specialization
- Real estate development & project management
- Real estate brokerage and utilization
- Real estate portfolio management and controlling
- Strategic management & optimization of building operations
- Corporate and public real estate management
- Property valuation
- Energy, environmental, and sustainability management
- 50 % Consolidation of Facility Management or Real Estate Management
- 23 % Practical Training and Empiricism
- 18 % Management
- 9 % Stay abroad & Social Skills
Leadership & Strategic Management Competence
In order to design sustainable real estate, experts must be able to recognize trends at an early stage, evaluate them for their company and derive the right conclusions from them. This master's program provides the necessary in-depth knowledge and interdisciplinary skills. In terms of content, students can expect a broad spectrum of topics from the fields of ecology, economics, and technology. Sustainability and innovation for buildings, environmental controlling and the development of sustainable mobility services are all part of the course. Competence is further enriched by topics such as the circular economy, bioeconomy, asset and portfolio management, as well as investment and risk management. The ability to tackle strategic management questions, project management, marketing, and human resources management round out the skills of graduates as future executives. Elective courses provide individual freedom for further study.
International Network & Career Path
The close contact between students, lecturers, and alumni from all areas of energy, environmental and sustainability management creates an extensive professional network. The WinterSchool also contributes to this: First, through cooperation in international teams, but also though the excellent network the program has established with the international professional community. Through the tight integration of the program with the FH’s own Research Institute in the field, students are also involved in the latest research projects.
Recognition of prior learning
Students have the opportunity to have courses credited to them with previously acquired competencies before the start of the respective semester. The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.
- Even more flexibility through the use of eLearning elements and less in-person teaching at the university.
- Individual room for specialization
- International and interdisciplinary EFIM WinterSchool
Qualification rewardedMaster of Arts in Business (MA)
Language of instruction80 % German, 20 % English
Semester abroadSupervised study trip in the 4th semester**
FeesEuro 363.36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Organisational formPart-time (Friday/Saturday including 1 attendance week in the 3rd and 4th semester as well as occasional evening online appointments during the week)
Places per year25
* Information for third country students
** Travel expenses for the semester abroad are to be covered by the students themselves or are supported by a grant.
Level of qualification:
second cycle, master