Scientific Topics in International Business Studies
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• recognize patterns of coupling and decoupling of practical problems and research programs and flows.
• know about the political and economic dimension of research initiatives, funding and programs.
• can trace trends of topics and initiatives as well as the development of paradigms and a canon (state of the art).
• are able to locate their own research interests and problems in the area of conflict between theory and practice.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Courses of the first four semesters
• Current trends in practice and research in International Business Studies
• Development and careers of topics and methods
• Research in databases
recommended or required reading
• Krugman, Paul R. et al.: Internationale Wirtschaft. Pearson (in the current edition)
• Articles from professional journals, magazines and manuals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery