ERP Systems & Business Process Management PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The master's program ERP Systems & Business Process Management deals with the basic questions of every company: "How should operational processes be managed so that they are efficient and bring value to the customer", "How can ERP systems support this?", "How can we use data?"
- Top career prospects, high demand from companies
- Insight into the latest trends by attending expert conferences
- Transfer of knowledge into practice by working on projects for industry clients
- High proportion of electives allows for the freedom to select individual specializations
- Possibility of higher-level professional certificates
- Senior consultant (IT, ERP, process management)
- Project manager (especially of process improvements, ERP implementations, migrations)
- End-to-end process integration managers and process coaches
- Quality managers
- Information Managers
- ERP module managers
- 31 % Practical Training and Empiricism
- 24 % Management & Business Processes
- 23 % Information Systems
- 18 % Leadership & Social Skills
- 4 % Stay Abroad
Integrated process and quality management
Business process management includes a wide range of tasks, from process mapping and modeling to measuring current performance and analyzing problems, to improvement methods such as reengineering, lean management and Six Sigma. In addition, important standards from quality management, process reference models, and maturity models are covered to provide an underpinning for process improvements.
In-depth training in ERP systems
IT systems play a key role in process management, mostly in the form of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). After improving the processes, the selection, adaptation, and introduction of ERP systems is a further focus of the master's program. Students here become familiar with the market leader SAP and other ERP systems in an in-depth fashion. Data analysis with the help of process mining and IT support of selected operational processes through customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM), software robots and business reporting systems complete the course offerings.
Competence in Change Management
Selected courses in English, a study trip and practical projects with clients from the business world promote professional, social and intercultural skills. Advanced techniques of project management and conflict management are part of the degree program and enable graduates to successfully lead change projects or to take on line responsibility as process managers. Due to the unique integration with other master’s programs,* students learn to work in an interdisciplinary fashion and are thus prepared for the challenges of heterogeneous fields of work.
* Cooperation with other master’s programs in elective courses: Web Communication & Information Systems, Smart Products & Solutions and Data Science & Intelligent Analytics.
Recognition of prior learning
Students have the opportunity to have courses credited to them with previously acquired competencies before the start of the respective semester. The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.
Qualification rewardedMaster of Arts in Business (MA)
Language of instruction75 % German, 25 % English
Semester abroadSupervised week abroad, 2nd semester**
FeesEuro 363.36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Places per year23
* Information for third country students
** Travel expenses for the semester abroad are to be covered by the students themselves or are supported by a grant.
Level of qualification:
second cycle, master