Interactive, creative learning methods
Part-time degree programs especially require new learning methods, away from pure lecturing and towards a joint learning experience with strong ties to one's own profession. Examples include:
- Simulation games to gain experience with process problems and solutions
- Quantitative process analysis made easy through multiple regression in the design of experiments
- Development of individual process performance dashboards
- Transfer of process and quality engineering skills to one's own profession through My Processes exercise aiming at enabling people to directly apply new content to their everyday working life
- E-learning: Everybody learns differently. Through the targeted use of e-learning resources, different types of learners can be accommodated. Examples of e-learning resources used are whiteboards, digital flashcards and virtual classrooms.
Business planning game: Interrelating operational processes can be experienced by students through a planning game. The game's objective is to, in several rounds, make a company successful. That way, business decisions' consequences become apparent immediately.
Business planning game
Experiencing how operational processes come together through a planning game for students. The game's objective is to, in several rounds, make a company successful. The game is useful for students as it makes consequences of business decisions become apparent immediately.
Current developments explained by experts
- Special event: PQM – Dialog
- Special event: ERP – JIT
- Practical skills transfer through industry projects
- Practical experience through excursions
- Meet the CIO presentation by Frank Emerson, Chief Information Officer of the company Xcerra
- Guest professorship by Patrick Stoll, PhD
- Workshop on the implementation of the ERP system SAP BUSINESS ONE
Lean Production und Lean Office at Steelcase
Excursion: Six Sigma and Lean Management at B/S/H
New impressions through educational trips
During a one-week trip abroad, course content is complemented through lectures at host universities, company visits and discussions with experts as well as through cultural experiences. Students can choose from a selection of destinations. So far, students have taken trips to, among others:
- Montreal: Concordia University
- Barcelona: La Salle University
- St. Petersburg: International Management Institute St. Petersburg (IMISP)
- Dublin: Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT)
- Tallinn: Tallinn Technical University (TTU)
- Warsaw: Leon Kozminski University
Career paths for ERP graduates
SAP Innojam@FH Kufstein Tirol
In February 2015, the well-known competition SAP Innojam took place at the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences. The competition's objective was to develop the best-possible solution for customers' problems. The degree program ERP-Systems & Business Process Management offered the perfect environment for SAP University Alliances’ activities. Follow this link to a video from Elevator Pitch.