Energy & Sustainability Management FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The bachelor degree program Energy & Sustainability Management is geared toward dedicated youths and qualified specialists who want to assist in the innovative and creative design of climate protection and sustainability measures as well as in the energy revolution and the digitization of energy management. Students gain understanding for resource-optimized creation and transmission of energy as well as for efficient energy usage and are able to understand market mechanisms for trading regenerative energies. They can perform environmental and sustainability certifications and are able to implement regional energy and innovative mobility concepts. Further focal points include the usage of digital technologies and project management.
- Future-oriented studies in the area of energy transformation and sustainability
- Introduction to the digitization of the energy supply
- Practice-oriented combination of technology, business administration and management
- Semester abroad, practical projects, internship
- Energy & sustainability consultation
- Communal sustainability management
- Project management energy facilities
- Energy trade
- Distribution management for energy & sustainability
- 20 % energy management & energy engineering
- 20 % sustainable energy systems & mobility
- 14 % management & digitization
- 17 % international skills
- 12 % social skills
- 17 % practical transfer
Innovative - Sustainable - Regional
- For companies and municipalities, energy and sustainability consultation is an important future-oriented occupational field. Industrial energy and sustainability managers are responsible for energy procurement and sustainability in production. Consultants ensure a smooth transition to sustainability, innovative mobility concepts and digitization.
- Energy suppliers and municipal works offer varied jobs. Project managers develop new digital services for trading regenerative energies.
- Project managers of energy facilities provide regenerative electricity and heat production for their customers in a manner that is beneficial for the long term.
The path to a bachelor´s degree
Economic, technical and social skills are conveyed in the first semesters. Courses on renewable energies, sustainability, digitization, energy trade and management build on this. In practical projects, students develop projects with the industry in the areas of sustainability, innovation and digitization. A 12-week internship is also required.
Here are some of the practical projects that have been successfully completed by the year group so far.
- International and interdisciplinary EFIM WinterSchool
- Regular fireside chats with companies
- Sustainability Week & promotions
Recognition of prior learning
Students can have courses from the 1st and 2nd semester credited to them if they have sufficient qualifications from Austrian commercial academies and higher vocational schools with a business focus (Germany and Austria). The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.
Additional infos: A database for the entire Tyrolean and Vorarlberg university area is available for the recognition of previous knowledge for graduates of higher vocational schools.
Qualification rewardedBachelor of Arts in Business (BA)
Language of instruction77 % German, 23 % English
Semester abroadOrganized semester abroad, 3rd semester**
FeesEuro 363.36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Places per year20
* Information for third country students
** Travel expenses for the semester abroad are to be covered by the students themselves or are supported by a grant.
Level of qualification:
first cycle, bachelor
Special grant for applicants to the bachelor degree program Energy & Sustainability Management:
Equality grants for citizens from third countries (non-EU, non-EEA, non-CH)