Sports, Culture & Event Management PT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the program
In this degree program, students acquire knowledge in business administration, expertise in the sports and cultural sciences as well as special skills in management. With respect to the Kufstein Approach, the elements of the curriculum are not strung together in an additive sense, but rather are connected in a highly integrative way. The program’s focus on marketing and communications management as well as on multimedia is just one of the aspects that makes it so unique. In terms of this interdisciplinary perspective, the different conditions and structural requirements pertaining to the management of sports and cultural enterprises are identified and discussed.
- Practice-focused degree program with very good career prospects
- Tailored qualifications for the up-and-coming sectors of sports, culture and event management
- Strong involvement of business thanks to projects and visiting tutors
- Supported international study trip
- Sports management: sports marketing agencies, sports communication agencies, organisational commitees for large sports events, sports goods industry and trade.
- Culture management: cultural organizations such as museums, opera houses, theaters, concert halls; festivals; film and music industries; creative industries.
- Event management: events agencies, conference and exhibition centers, trade fair and exhibition agencies, and marketing departments of businesses.
Applied learning and internationality
An interesting feature of the program is that students are challenged to put theory into practice by means of integrative case studies and projects carried out in cooperation with partners in the fields of science, sports and culture. Students also develop a strong international orientation by attending a number of major courses held in English and by studying a second foreign language. Thus the degree program aims to meet the specific professional demands made by the sports, culture and event industries.
Planning and executing unique events in the sports or cultural sector; thinking in new dimensions. This is how I see myself making a contribution.