Graduate year 2008
- Why did you decide to study for the part-time bachelor degree in “International Business Studies”? What do you think is special about this degree?
I decided on this degree program because it was best suited to my present professional background and my plans for the future.
- Which courses and lectures have you attended so far and what have you learned?
Given that I am in the last semester, I have meanwhile attended all of the courses and lectures in the IBS degree program. I have learned a lot – also a lot about myself. Some of the lectures were a challenge for me and others I found relatively easy. I know now what my strengths and weaknesses are and I realized that I had already taken the right career direction before I started this degree program.
- Have you already taken part in a project at the University of Applied Sciences? What was it about? What was your contribution?
No, I did not take part in any projects at the University of Applied Sciences. This was not possible due to time constraints.
- In your opinion, to what extent is it possible to reconcile a job, a degree course and private life?
It is possible but you have to realize that you have to make compromises in your private life and also in your job. And even then it only works if you have people in your private life and at your company who support you. I am lucky to have a very understanding boss and a very understanding family and friends. Besides myself, my partner had to make the most compromises in the last three years. I couldn’t have done it without his support.
- Which career opportunities do you expect as a result of your bachelor degree?
In August I am going to start a new job as the head of a finance department in a company affiliated to my present company. This degree course has really paid off for me.