Marina Freundl, BSc
Alumni Industrial Engineering & Management, study year 2010
- What in particular did you like about your Industrial Engineering & Management degree program aht the FH Kufstein Tirol?
I particularly liked the warm atmosphere and the small number of students in the courses.
- How did the personal relationship between students and lecturers influence your experience of the degree program?
The very open and friendly relationship meant that it was always possible to ask questions, which were answered straight away as a matter of course.
- What did you think about the practical parts of the degree program (projects within companies, bachelor´s thesis, excursions, external lecturers)?
The level of practical work within the program was quite high. With the semester of practical work, case studies and various excursions, the everyday lectures were broken up. It also allowed you to apply acquired knowledge or to see in companies how the theory that you learned is applied in the workplace.
- Which specialization did you choose for your degree?
Specialization: energy technology.
- Where did you go for the compulsory semester abroad?
Semester abroad: Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- What could you take home from your semester abroad?
During the semester abroad, I got to know a completely new culture. What surprised me was the openness and friendliness of the locals and the great support I got from the host university. For me personally, the newly formed friendships with people from all over the world are most valuable.
- Would you recommend the Industrial Engineering & Managememt degree program to other people?
I would definitely recommend the University because it is not just the teaching quality, which is just right, but also everything around it. It is organized in a very reliable and friendly way, there is a lot of cultural diversity because of the exchange students, student life is nice and lively and includes many events, and not to be forgotten is the charm of Tyrol! ;-)
The Industrial Engineering & Management program I would recommend because the curriculum is very diverse. The mix of engineering and economics provides you with a solid education that is very highly sought-after in the labor market.
- What do you do currently in your job? Which company do you work for?
I am currently working on my Master's thesis on operations management at the Campus Steyr of the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria. Since April, I have been working as a professional in corporate finance restructuring services at the Deloitte & Touche GmbH in Munich.