Industrial Engineering & Management FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This innovative degree program offers students a sound technical education coupled with economic know-how and practical experience. The focus of attention is on the product, which is studied and analyzed in all its process phases, from prototype to end product, and out of different perspectives, from materials management to transport logistics to after-sales management. Experienced lecturers and practitioners work together with students on concepts such as systems thinking and cost-efficiency as well as on the many challenges brought about by rapid technological developments in an international environment.
- offers a solid technical education coupled with economic know-how
- experienced lecturers and practitioners support students in developing systemic and economic thinking
- students without previous technical training are offered a sound education in machine construction, electrotechnology, construction technology, etc.
- Product management and development
- Production planning, controlling & logistics
- Information management & IT support
- Product marketing
- Environmental and energy technology
- Materials management & purchasing
- Technical building services
- Business consulting
- 44% engineering sciences
- 16% international competencies
- 13% compulsory electives
- 11% economics & management
- 10% social competencies
- 6% knowledge application
Technical education oriented towards future demands
New students without prior technical schooling begin the program by acquiring a solid knowledge base in machine construction, electrotechnology, construction technology and the engineering sciences.
In the third semester students choose one of three future-oriented specializations. Students who opt for the subject area of technical building services learn about developing sustainable facilities. Students who go in for energy technology acquire knowledge about renewable and decentralized energy systems as well as power plant technology. In the third specialization, process technology, students focus on the digital process chain, which includes everything from the virtual prototype to product data management.
Practical and international relevance
Qualification rewardedBachelor of Sciences (BSc.)
Language of instructionGerman, at least 20% English
Semester abroadOrganized stay abroad, 5th semester
Fees€ 363.36 + € 19,20 student union fee per semester
Places per year35
Level of qualification: