Corporate Restructuring PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
Corporate restructuring is much more than a reaction in a crisis situation; rather, it is an umbrella term for all measures that ensure perpetual growth in a given organization. If a corporation is to be reorganized successfully, the responsible managers must expeditiously present to the creditors a sustainable concept, which includes a corporate subsistence and continuation prognosis. In this complex, sensitive process it is essential that managers who plan and execute the transformation maintain high levels of professionalism and credibility in order to reassure all stakeholders.
- provides specialized courses in the fields of business administration and law, as related to corporate restructuring and reorganization
- fosters student learning though case studies, which are based on the consulting experiences of the instructors
- directly involves students in research processes
- offers a unique study-abroad trip that includes profound lectures and discussions with experts
- Entrepreneur, Crisis and Restructuring Manager,
- Interim/Turnaround Manager,
- Tax Consultancy, Accountancy Firms,
- Law Firms, Banking & Insurance,
- Management/Management Consultant in SMEs,
- Consultant for Corporate Restructuring
- 39% management & business administration
- 27% knowledge application & experimental methods
- 16% selected legal fields
- 14% leadership & social competencies
- 4% study-abroad trip with lectures & expert dialogs
Case studies and research
The master’s degree program Corporate Restructuring & Reorganization takes a holistic perspective in studying corporations. In the vigorous academic environment offered by the program, students are presented with managerial and legal instruments required for successfully initiating and executing restructuring concepts. Moreover, students have numerous opportunities to learn how to work with these expert instruments in the context of case studies derived directly from the professional experiences of the instructors.
The research carried out by the program’s faculty, in which our students are actively involved, focuses on a transaction-oriented management approach to emphasize value-driven corporate controlling, also for owner-operated companies. In fact, the results attained through several research projects have flowed into our handbook, entitled Controllingorientiertes Finanz und Rechnungswesen (Controlling-Oriented Finance and Accounting). This publication has proven to be very useful in helping students comprehend the fundamental principles of said approach.
During their third semester in the program, students participate in a compulsory study trip that lasts one to two weeks. While abroad, students attend expert lectures held at one of our partner universities and visit globally active companies, where they have the opportunity to speak face-to-face with and gain valuable insights from corporate managers. In the semesters leading up to this journey, selected program courses are offered in English to prepare students for the profound lectures and dialogs.
Qualification rewardedMaster of Arts in Business (M.A.)
Language of instruction80% German, 20% English
Semester abroad8-10 days, 3rd semester
Fees€ 363.36 + € 18,70 student union fee per semester
Places per year18
Level of qualification: