Organizational Psychology & Change Management
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• recognize the interaction between individual and organization.
• can reflect the subject areas of organizational psychology.
• can apply models of organizational psychology.
• know methods for the design of change processes.
• independently analyze success factors of change processes.
• can independently develop measures to implement comprehensive change pro-cesses.
• reflect the theories on practical examples of application.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Organizational theories
• Leadership, teamwork, conflicts
• Organizational climate and culture
• Attitudes, emotions and personality
• Change management models
• Methods and tools of change management
• Communication in the change management process
• Phases in the change management process
recommended or required reading
• Doppler, Klaus; Lauterburg, Christoph: Change Management. Den Unternehmens-wandel gestalten. Campus (in the current edition)
Kanning, Uwe P.; Staufenbiel, Thomas: Organisationspsychologie. Hogrefe (in the current edition)
• Lauer, Thomas: Change Management. Grundlagen und Erfolgsfaktoren. Springer Gabler (in the current edition)
• Nerdinger, Friedemann; Blickle, Gerhard; Schaper, Niclas: Arbeits- und Organisati-onspsychologie. Springer (in the current edition)
• Von Rosenstiel, Lutz: Grundlagen der Organisationspsychologie. Schäffer-Poeschel (in the current edition)
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery