level of course unit
first cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
After completing the course, students can
• Bring an independent project idea into a professional application form;
• Use knowledge from the core subjects to make their project presentation convincing in terms of content;
• Argue the need for a project with regard to the eligibility criteria of a call for proposals or a sponsor;
• Develop a coherent marketing and communication strategy;
• Create a realistic budget plan;
• Reflect on the role and working methods of a jury.
prerequisites and co-requisites
The Creative Lab uses knowledge from cultural management/science and event management/science to create an innovative project idea. The students learn to develop a convincing concept for a competition in the field of art and culture and to present it to a jury. Project ideas are developed within the scope of their practical implementation and put into an application form that reflects the evaluation criteria of a sponsor both in terms of content and form.
A budget plan with a simple expenditure/income structure shows the individual project activities in a comprehensible way and demonstrates the professional implementation of the idea by a project team (program, marketing, infrastructure, etc.). Targeted cooperation illustrates the synergy effects and network quality of the project.
In a role play, the projects are examined on a professional basis
and the criteria worked out beforehand, such as suitability for
the tendering, social relevance, etc., are used
recommended or required reading
Literature includes solicitation texts, forms and funding guidelines for current tenders and cultural funding.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
integrated course, case studies, discussion, group work, presentations
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
year of study
third year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery