Information System Management (E)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Progress students’ IT skills to a level where they are confident in their ability to use applications.
• Enable students to identify with project teams and the various roles of team participants.
• Engender an appreciation of the importance of information systems in the day to day work in most business functions.
• Encourage students to link information systems to other material in the course as opposed to treating it as a separate subject
prerequisites and co-requisites
None mandatory, interest in IT, ERP Management systems but more the business process and management side
• Demonstrate and gain overview of IT Systems relevant for Business Management including ERP systems
• Overview of Projects and Project Management Methods in the content of IT Systems
• Display a critical awareness of best practice in relation to information systems development projects.
• Demonstrate an appreciation of information systems used at different levels, and systems that span different business areas.
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the impact of centralized information systems on a variety of business divisions.
• Conduct appropriate research into the use of information systems; understand the full life-cycle of an integrated system.
recommended or required reading
assessment methods and criteria
Final examination and/or team assignment
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and task discussion
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Claudia van der Vorst / Martin Schafferer, MSc
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery