Teambuilding & Teamwork
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• can formulate realistic personal objectives.
• know the basic concepts of communicative processes.
• understand the basics of group dynamics as well as cooperation, negotiation and conflict resolution.
• can manage groups and lead small teams and know approaches to personnel management.
• are familiar with concepts such as self-efficacy, self-control, resilience and self-management and can reflect on these in relation to their own work-life balance.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Basic information on communicative processes and effects
• Fundamentals of cooperation, negotiation, conflict resolution as well as group dynamics and team leadership
• Self-efficacy, self-control, resilience, self-management, work-life balance
recommended or required reading
• Coryell, Eric: Revolutionize Teamwork: How to Create and Lead Accountable Teams. Simple Truth (latest edition)
• Mischel Walter: The Marshmallow Test. Random House (latest edition)
• Watzlawick, Paul; Beavin, Janet H.; Jackson, Don D.: Pragmatics of Human Communication. Norton (latest edition)
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery