Management & strategy III: Exploration
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• are able to work on selected, current, scientifically relevant strategy topics.
• can independently develop models and theories on these selected topics and network with others.
• are proficient in the transfer of a self-developed theory and specific methods for its implementation.
• are competent enough to independently penetrate new strategy topics and make them applicable in an entrepreneurial way.
Management & strategy I: Fundamentals /ILV / Course no.: 03.MV.MST.1.1 / 1st semester / ECTS: 4
prerequisites and co-requisites
3rd semester: Successful completion of the course: Management & strategy I and II
• Communication of the currently most important and most-discussed strategy topics that are not yet or not sufficient-ly scientifically or practically penetrated
• Development of theories, models, methods and solutions for these current strategy topics and connection with other business-related management approaches
• First application examples and best practices for these topics
• Mutual exchange of expertise and presentation of contents and solutions
recommended or required reading
• Harvard Business Review Press, HBR`s 10 Must Reads on Strategy, Boston: HBR Press (in the current edition)
• Lynch, Richard: Strategic Management. Pearson (in the current edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Term paper, presentation
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery