Business Platforms & Cloud Computing (elective)*
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
The following learning outcomes are developed in the course:
- Students will know common business platforms.
- Students will know the advantages and disadvantages of business platforms and can select suitable platforms.
- Students will know the basics of cloud computing and cloud platforms.
- Students know how to define interfaces and how to use them.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Students are given an overview of common business platforms and cloud computing. In addition, the advantages and disadvantages of the respective platforms are discussed. Students are therefore able to select suitable platforms for a given problem. Students gain practical experience with selected platforms using case studies. In addition, methods for defining interfaces are discussed with the students.
recommended or required reading
- Erl, T., Puttini, R., Mahmood, Z.: Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture. 2013
- Jackson, K., Goessling, S.: Architecting Cloud Computing Solutions: Build cloud strategies that align technology and economics while effectively managing risk. 2018
- Evans, D., Schmalensee, R.: Matchmakers: The New Economics of Multisided Platforms. 2016
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lecture, group work, presentation and discussion of tasks
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) DI Dr. Martin Adam
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery