Patricia Gonzalez Dillon
- Why did you decide to study International Business Studys at the FH Kufstein Tirol?
I decided to study the IBS master program at the FH Kufstein Tirol, mainly because it offers a great program suited for people with and without a background in business. I also picked this FH because of its beautiful scenery and convenient location, surrounded by mountains and an hour away from big cities with exciting job opportunities.
- What do you like most about your studies (so far)?
I like the professionalism of everyone involved in the process of studies, from professors and students to the help centre and the ÖH; everyone is doing their best to provide the best experience possible.
- Which courses and/or projects are you looking forward to the most (with regard to the curriculum)?
Regarding the courses and projects, I am very much looking forward to the Marketing Lab and the Science for future and Sustainability class, both imparted by Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich Director of Studies International Business Studies.
- How did you feel about the start of your studies? Did you feel well and personally welcomed (despite the Corona measures in place at the time)?
Despite the Corona measures in place, I felt very welcomed and supported by the whole team at the FH, always answering any request or question I had to improve the situation and making efforts to help every student, both professionally and personally, through these difficult times.
- Did you have any concerns about continuing your studies under the influence of the Corona pandemic?
Yes, definitely. A big part of the learning process gets lost in the online world, and many challenges arise. I genuinely hope I can soon be surrounded by my colleagues in the classrooms, going back to face-to-face encounters with my teachers and enjoying the whole percentage of benefits the FH is capable of providing.
- How do you feel about online teaching (100%)? Are there or were there any disadvantages compared to face-to-face teaching?
I wouldn’t say I like it. We, of course, can make the best out of it and learn anyways. But that is not what studying is about, not for me at least. Either way, the learnings have been good, and I’d rather have online classes than nothing at all.
- Would you recommend your studies at the FH Kufstein Tirol, if so why and to whom?
Even with the difficulties, I would still recommend my studies at the FH Kufstein Tirol, I have learned a lot so far, and knowledge is always a blessing.